Marshall 6100 EL34 30th Anniversary 100W. Just serviced - Used
This is the much loved and more sought after Marshall 6100 EL34 version head.
Just had a comprehensive service (full report available) and is now in perfect working order and ready to go. Sounds incredible.
FREE UK delivery
Marshall wanted to give guitarists "the best valve amplifier ever made," so in 1992 they introduced their 30th Anniversary line of amplifiers. Features of the 100 watt head (model 6100) include: three separate channels, four different output levels, valve power, and midi switching. Three Separate Channels
CLEAN channel 1 has all the sparkling clarity and glassy fidelity of the early JTM45. Deft use of of the tone controls, mid band shift, and bright switches can carry you across a whole spectrum of crisp country, warm jazz, and classic rock clean tones.
CRUNCH is only part of the story of channel 2. It contains three selectable modes to cover the range of vintage Super Lead purity, to 70's Master Volume grinding power, to 90's Hi-Gain drive. Creamy or biting blues, hard rock rhythms, or metallic anthems can be given the Marshall touch with this channel, which recreates the character of amps from each Marshall era.
LEAD is what channel 3 is all about. This channel has a switch for two gain alternatives. The first, a smoldering saturation, is preset to the channel. The other is a searing gain boost that shoots screaming solos beyond the limits of any previous sonic experience. Besides awesome gain, Marshall includes a mid-shift selector to transform the middle control into an expansive "contour" control. Where other high-gain amps turn muddy and lose definition, the 30th anniversary model tonal shaping helps you to retain the definition that articulates every note.
Summary of 30th Anniversary Features
- Three channels, each with selection switches
- Channel 1 (mid shift and bright)
- Channel 2 (contrasting crunch modes)
- Channel 3 (gain boost and mid band contour selection)
- Channel switching by footswitch, midi control, or from front panel switches with LED indicator)
- Sensitivity switches, one each for low or high compensation, to match guitar pickup
- Power control allows high (4 valve, 100 watts) or low (2 valve, 50 watts) mode output
- Pentode or triode mode operation in either mode gives effective power range from 100 down to 25 watts
- Power amp damping control for tighter sound and fuller distortion: high, low, or auto.
- Auto mode damping pre-selects the right damping to the correct channel
- Comprehensive effects loop provides level control, series or parallel selection
- Separate send level trim: one each for clean and overdrive channels (-10 to +4 each)
- Balanced output with level control features authentic compensation for a real direct to board guitar sound
- Impedance selector